Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer Sailing Jams

I recently was introduced to some new music from a band called Tennis (incidentally this came by way of a new friend in my sailing navigation class). The husband and wife duo's music was inspired by a sailing adventure they took upon graduation from college.  They sold their worldly possessions, bought a sailboat, and embarked on an extended trip along the Eastern Seaboard. After returning to land, they began to write and record songs based on their adventures . Their music is full of fun sailing references, but that is not why I love it. It's her sweet airy voice and the innocent pure sugary retro-pop goodness.

It's also just so romantic, no?

Anyways, I can't wait to be floating along or anchored off the Catalina shore this summer, sunning myself to these sweet tunes. (I'm not sure if the linked video is the official one, I think probably not, but I like it quite a bit all the same) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment